Friday, December 17, 2010

Vegetarian super healthy pasta!


I'll be the first to admit that this picture of the pasta doesn't do it justice. It's delish! I made up the recipe myself :)
*Why I love this recipe: It makes tuna taste delicious! And it packs protein! about 25-30 g. in this meal alone. Great for vegetarians. You can skip the aflredo sauce or find a lowfat option to reduce fat & calories. It tastes good with just the red wine vinegar as well. It's creamier with it though. :)
1 can drained tuna
1 tomato
2 cups chopped fresh spinach
2 tablespoons chopped red onion
red wine vinegar
2 tbsp lowfat alfredo sauce
1/4 cup dry whole wheat macaroni
salt & pepper to taste
2 tablespoons chipotle pepper powder
italian cheese (optional)
Get water boiling & boil pasta until al dente.
While pasta is boiling start cooking your tuna on the stovetop on medium heat. Add spinach, red onion, & tomatoes. Season generously & cook for about 8-10 minutes. Add alfredo sauce & red wine vinegar (to taste; I used about 1 tbsp). Pasta should be cooked now! Drain & add to sauce. Put in bowl & top with cheese. I used 1 tbsp. to keep it lowfat. :]
Serves one.

No comments:

Post a Comment